Where are you located? Can I stop in for a sample?
I am a licensed home bakery located in Strongsville, Ohio. The Ohio Department of Agriculture has inspected my kitchen and I am licensed to operate out of my home kitchen. I do not have open hours. Since I bake everything fresh I do not have samples available on hand. I am happy to schedule a private tasting and consultation for any orders of 100 servings or more. For smaller orders I can work with you over the phone, email or Facebook messaging to place your order.
When should I order my cake?
I recommend you place your order as soon as you know the date of the party. I accept a limited number of orders each weekend. I generally book up 4-8 weeks in advance, especially for the months of May, June and July, October and December.
Can you make me a cake I saw on Pinterest?
I encourage my clients to send me pictures of cakes they like! I can usually create something in a similar style. Once I see what style of cake you are interested in I can also give you a price quote.
Kindly note that due to copy write laws I cannot recreate any licensed characters such as Disney, Sesame Street, Nick Jr., etc. For character cakes my clients purchase little figures or toys and I design a cake they can place the figures on.
I also do not make sheet cakes. I do offer kitchen cakes to accompany a larger order (100 servings or more) to provide additional servings as needed. Kitchen cakes are similar to your main cake (2 layers with a filling) and are frosted but not decorated.
Do you deliver?
Yes! I am happy to bring your cake to you. Delivery is free for the first 5 miles from my bakery to the location of your party. After that there is a delivery fee of $1.75 per mile. You are welcome to pick up your order as well. Please note that due to their fragile nature delivery is required for all tiered cakes.
How much do your cakes cost?
The final price of the cake is determined by number of servings, final design details and delivery location. Once I know these details I can give you a more accurate price quote for your cake.
I have a minimum requirement order of at least $75 for all cake orders and at least 2 dozen cupcakes.
- Buttercream cakes start at $3.25 per serving ($3.50 per serving for 2 tiers, $3.75 per serving for 3 tiers)
- Fondant cakes start at $3.50 per serving ($3.75 per serving for 2 tiers, $4.00 per serving for 3 tiers)
- Sculpted cakes have a starting price of $125 and go up from there depending on level of difficulty.
The smallest tiered cake I make serves at least 30 people.
- Swirl of frosting and sprinkles
- No filling: $18 per dozen
- Filled: $21 per dozen
- Decorations: add 25 cents up to $1 (or more) depending on detail
$35 and up
What forms of payment do you accept?
You may pay for your order with cash or credit/debit card. If you would like to use your card please follow these instructions:
- Go to my website creativecakesbycathy.com
- At the bottom of the home page you will see a yellow “Pay Now” button. Click on it and you will be directed to Paypal (you do not need to have a Paypal account).
- Input the amount due (this is your order total) and your card info.
- Once I receive confirmation of payment from Paypal your order is considered booked!
Orders totaling $125 or less require payment in full. Orders over $125 require a 50% non refundable deposit to book the date and the remaining balance is due 2 weeks before the party. Any orders placed 2 weeks or less before the event require payment in full. I operate on a first paid, first served basis. If multiple customers are interested in ordering for the same date, I accept the order that is paid for first. Your order is not considered booked until payment is made.